As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Syracuse @ Clemson (ABC): It’ll be orange on orange, well, unless Clemson wears purple. At any rate, the Tigers offense is still kind of sketch, but I think this is where the soft schedule so far for the Orange will come to bear.
- Iowa @ Ohio State (FOX): Sure, Iowa’s defense is good, but I feel very confident that Ohio State’s offense will find a way to win by at least a few scores.
- Cincinnati @ Southern Methodist (ESPN): Cincy has been sort of hanging on despite all the talent they’ve had to replace from last year. I think the Ponies are good, but not good enough here.
- Kansas @ Baylor (ESPN2): Reality continues to come crashing down on the Jayhawks in this one.
- Houston @ Navy (ESPNU): Houston remains weird, but not weird enough to lose to Navy.
- Tennessee-Martin @ Tennessee (SEC)
- Indiana @ Rutgers (BTN): I have no thoughts about this game. Rutgers I guess?
- Louisiana-Monroe @ Army (CBSS): I’m phone posting, so Army.
- Akron @ Kent State (ESPN+)
12:30: Duke @ Miami (ACC/RSN): Canes.
- Bowling Green @ Central Michigan (espn3.com)
- Toledo @ Buffalo (ESPN+)
2:30: Nevada-Las Vegas @ Notre Dame (Peacock)
- West Virginia @ Texas Tech (FS1): College footballs most fun conference this year is the Big 12. No one is super bad, but no one is super good either. It’s very much an “any given week” league. Suffice it to say, I have no clue there. Red Raiders?
- Rice @ Louisiana Tech (ESPN+)
- Mississippi @ Louisiana State (“Magnolia Bowl”; CBS): Ole Miss can’t defend that we’ll, but I don’t think LSU is going to score the 50+ needed to win.
- California-Los Angeles @ Oregon (FOX): The Ducks have looked better since getting plastered by Georgia back on Labor Day weekend. Is it good enough to be the first ones to take down the Bruins? Ehhhh, sure. This one should be fun to watch either way.
- Texas @ Oklahoma State (ABC): Here’s a real test for the Horns. Yes, the Pokes have been taken down a peg with their loss to TCU last week, but they’re still dangerous and the game is in Stillwater. I’m taking Texas, but I don’t feel great about it.
- Purdue @ Wisconsin (ESPN): Boilers?
- Memphis @ Tulane (ESPN2): Normally this is a classic, but not this year. Green Wave all the way.
- Brigham Young @ Liberty (ESPNU): LIGHTNING ROUND! Cougars.
- Northwestern @ Maryland (BTN): Terps.
- Boston College @ Wake Forest (ACCN): Deacons.
- Western Michigan @ Miami (CBSS): Broncos.
- North Texas @ Texas-San Antonio (Stadium)
- Florida International @ Charlotte (espn3.com)
- Georgia Southern @ Old Dominion (ESPN+)
- Marshall @ James Madison (ESPN+)
- Vanderbilt @ Missouri (SEC): Tigers.
- Arizona State @ Stanford (Pac12): Trees.
- Hawaii @ Colorado State (Team1Sports)
- Florida Atlantic @ Texas-El Paso (ESPN+)
- Arkansas State @ Louisiana (ESPN+)
- Southern Mississippi @ Texas State (ESPN+)
6:00: San Jose State @ New Mexico State (Flofootball)
6:30: Fresno State @ New Mexico (FS2): Bulldogs.
- Mississippi State @ Alabama (ESPN): I am so sorry Bulldogs. You’re playing a Bama team that lost before January. And you lost to Kentucky last week, but it won’t work that way for you. Alas.
- Boise State @ Air Force (CBSS): Boise hasn’t been good. The Falcons have. This might get ugly.
- Minnesota @ Pennsylvania State (ABC): Penn State’s whole, like, thing seems to be being worse than Ohio State and Michigan but better than everyone else. I don’t get it. And I think it will backfire on them here.
- Central Florida @ East Carolina (ESPNU): ECU is feisty but I’m defaulting to UCF.
- Texas A&M @ South Carolina (SEC): I feel like the Gamecocks have been quiet. Too quiet. I think they’ll win a weird one
- Kansas State @ Texas Christian (FS1): With the way the Big 12 is going this year, probably K-State.
- Pittsburgh @ Louisville (ACCN): Pitt all the way here.
- Colorado @ Oregon State (Pac12): Beavers.
9:45: Utah State @ Wyoming (FS2): I’ve probably said it before, but the Aggies are really bad this year. Pokes for sure here.
- Washington @ California (ESPN): I’ll stick with my gut that says Cal just can’t score enough to win. Might be interesting though.
- San Diego State @ Nevada (CBSS): Aztecs I guess.
11:00: Montana @ Sacramento State (ESPN2)