As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Nebraska @ Oklahoma (FOX): This old Big 8 rivalry is back, but it doesn’t figure to be much of a game. Sooners all the way.
- Michigan State @ Miami (ABC): I just don’t trust the Canes all that much, so I’m going with Sparty here.
- Cincinnati @ Indiana (ESPN): Well, like everyone on the Internet, I like the Hooisers, but Cincy figures to just be too much for them this year.
- Coastal Carolina @ Buffalo (ESPN2): Coastaaaaallllllllllllllll
- Virginia Tech @ West Virginia (FS1): No idea what to make this one. I’ll take the home team.
- Boston College @ Temple (ESPNU): BC?
- New Mexico @ Texas A&M (SEC): TAMU
- Northern Illinois @ Michigan (BTN): Michigan
- Connecticut @ Army (CBSS): Army
- Albany @ Syracuse (ACC)
- Western Michigan @ Pittsburgh (ACC/RSN): Pitt
1:00: Minnesota @ Colorado (Pac12): The Buffs?
2:00: Nevada @ Kanas State (ESPN+)
2:30: Purdue @ Notre Dame (NBC): Purdue seems a little off from the past couple of years, though they’ve definitely got talent. I just think the Irish have too many weapons though.
- Georgia Tech @ Clemson (ABC): Well, we didn’t lose to an FCS team last week. That’s good. But if this now a season about showing progress, well, then there’s going to have to be a ton of progress in a hurry for this one.
- Alabama @ Florida (CBS): Bama is a three score favorite in this one, which I don’t really see. I feel like I will be made foolish for saying that, but hey, I still have Bama to win here, just saying not by 21.
- Southern California @ Washington State (FOX): USC finally figured out what Clay Helton looks like so they could fire him. Wazzu isn’t that good this year,
- Wake Forest @ Florida State (ESPN): The nadir or a previous era of FSU football was a loss to Wake Forest. I’m figuring on that happening again here.
- Tulsa @ Ohio State (FS1): Buckeys
- Delaware @ Rutgers (BTN)
- Kent State @ Iowa (BTN): Iowa
- Southern Methodist @ Louisiana Tech (CBSS): LT
- Idaho @ Oregon State (Pac12)
- Baylor @ Kansas (ESPN+)
- Mississippi State @ Memphis (ESPN2): The Bulldogs travel up to the unofficial capital of Mississippi, Memphis. Tigers fans may want the win here now that they’ve been jilted by some of their conference-mates bolting for the Big 12, but I’m not sure they’ll be able to get it.
- Georgia Southern @ Arkansas (SEC): While this may be fun, the Hogs just bullied Texas around for an entire game. If anyone is running all over anyone, it’s going to be Arkansas over Southern.
- Colorado State @ Toledo (ESPNU): This one seems dire. Toledo?
- Northwestern @ Duke (ACC): It’s time, Coach Cut.
- Sacramento State @ California (Pac12)
- Ball State @ Wyoming (Stadium): Wyoming
4:15: Arkansas State @ Washington (Pac12): UDub shouldn’t lose that one, but this season so far has been… oof. There’s just no way I can pick Arkansas State here, but Pac-12 play will be a different story.
- East Carolina @ Marshall (Facebook)
- Middle Tennessee State @ Texas-San Antonio (ESPN+)
- South Carolina @ Georgia (ESPN): It will be extremely funny if UGA loses, because UGA losing is both funny and losing to South Carolina will also be funny. That’s twice the funny! Unfortunately, the teams involved this year are 2021 Georgia and 2021 South Carolina, so the odds of a little primetime humor are low.
- Utah @ San Diego State (CBSS): Going with the Utes here.
- Troy @ Southern Mississippi (ESPN+)
- Charlotte @ Georgia State (ESPN+)
- Florida International @ Texas Tech (ESPN+)
- Auburn @ Pennsylvania State (ABC): I haven’t seen much of either of these teams this year, but from what I can tell Penn State should be plenty game in this one.
- Central Michigan @ Louisiana State (SEC): LSU
- Utah State @ Air Force (FS2): AF
- Virginia @ North Carolina (“The South’s Oldest Rivalry”; ACC): I suppose I’ll pick UVA here, mostly just because I haven’t seen anything from the Tarheels this year to think that they’re any good.
- Stony Brook @ Oregon (Pac12)
- Furman @ North Carolina State (ACCN/RSN)
- Alabama-Birmingham @ North Texas (Stadium): UNT?
- Tulane @ Mississippi (ESPN2): I don’t think Tulane will this one, but this one has the potential to be plenty fun. Ole Miss just figures to be too much for them, though.
- Stanford @ Vanderbilt (ESPNU): Stanford is… good? I’m still adjusting to this reality, but if that’s the case, they should be able to get the job done in Nashville.
- Rice @ Texas (LHN)
9:00: Oklahoma State @ Boise State (FS1): It’s going to be way more fun if Boise wins this one, so I’m going to pick them.
10:00: Northern Arizona @ Arizona (Pac12)
10:15: Arizona State @ Brigham Young (ESPN): I have considered Arizona State, and I find them wanting.
10:30: Iowa State @ Nevada-Las Vegas (CBSS): Cyclones should be able to handle this.
10:45: Fresno State @ California-Los Angeles (Pac12): Oh, man, UCLA looks good for the first time… in a long time, and Fresno is exactly they kind of team that could roll into the Rose Bowl and ruin it. I don’t think they will, but it’s worth watching to see if they do.
12:30: San Jose State @ Hawaii (FS1): And finally, it’s second primetime from Honolulu. The Rainbow Warriors aren’t terribly good, it’s something you can have on. Just remember to turn on sleep mode on the TV.