As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Kansas @ West Virginia (FOX): Kansas is still awful, hard to see them doing anything here.
- Clemson @ Georgia Tech (ABC): Well… I mean, look, this is going to, be, uh, tough. Jackets, you’re playing at home with basically house money. Have fun out there.
- Auburn @ South Carolina (ESPN): I don’t know what will happen here. I think there’s this idea that Muschamp will just sit on you, but I don’t Auburn will be held down.
- Navy @ East Carolina (ESPN2): Look, y’all, I just watched the Braves blow a lead and lose in a game that could’ve clinched the pennant, so I’m not exactly feeling it right now. I assume Navy can beat these guys though.
- Texas State @ South Alabama (ESPNU): USA? USA?
- Kentucky @ Tennessee (SEC): This game should really have retro Jefferson-Pilot graphics because this is Jefferson-Pilot SportsÂ as hell. I think Dave Neal still works for the SEC Network, but that will still make us short of our Dave quotient. At any rate,Â Kentucky, I guess?
- Pittsburgh @ Miami (ACCN): Pitt? Miami? Hell yeah, let’s do this Yinzers.
- Liberty @ Syracuse (ACC/RSN): Liberty is favored in this game, which is mind-blowing. I have the Orange all the way.
- South Florida @ Temple (ESPN+)
- Army @ Texas-San Antonio (CBSS): I think this will be a test for UTSA, and I still like Army.
- Western Kentucky @ Alabama-Birmingham (Stadium/RSN): BLAZERS.
2:30: Louisville @ Notre Dame (NBC): Louisville doesn’t have a chance, but at least Louisville fans have comfortable t-shirts and more from Homefield Apparel!
- Central Florida @ Memphis (ABC): This may well be the game of the week. I mean, I’m going to be watching Game 6 of the NLCS, but you know, I should be able to catch the first quarter. Seriously, this game has beenÂ fire the past couple of years and I think that figures to continue. I like Memphis in Memphis though.
- Mississippi @ Arkansas (SEC): And you’ll want to watch UCF @ Memphis because your alternative is this. I’ll go with Ole Miss.
- Duke @ North Carolina State (ACC/RSN): I see the 15? 16? years I’ve been doing this have all led up to this point: trying to find anything to say about Duke and NC State. I guess I can say that I think the Wolfpack will win.
- Texas A&M @ Mississippi State (ESPN): Well, let’s see, Miss State has been a trainwreck in the weeks since beating LSU, so I’ll take them here. That’s a thing that makes sense.
- Massachusetts @ Georgia Southern (ESPN2): UMass has decided to be 2020’s Washington Generals, apparently. Eagles all the way.
- Virginia @ Wake Forest (ACCN): Maybe I should’ve saved the “Duke-NCSU” thing above for this game. Woof. UVA I guess?
5:00: North Texas @ Middle Tennessee State (Stadium/RSN): Well, I can’t say I recommend watching this game, but if you do, I expect UNT to take it.
6:00: Marshall @ Louisiana Tech (CBSS): This could be interesting. These teams are both off to hot starts but they don’t seem to actually be even. I’ll be interesting to see how it turns out, but I like Marshall on the road.
7:30: North Carolina @ Florida State (ABC): Carolina.
- Georgia @ Alabama (CBS): Welcome to 2020, where even someone who was nominally careful can test positive for COVID. Be careful out there, folks. I think Bama will hold the fort in Tuscaloosa.
- Boston College @ Virginia Tech (ACCN): Somehow VPI keeps winning, and I expect that trend to continue here.