Posting this way late, so this is going to be a lot of LIGHTNING ROUND. But rest assured, this is a pretty great lineup for Week 11!
As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Michigan State @ Ohio State (FOX): Oh geez this is actually at 9:00 AM? We’re off to a pretty good start. I’ll be distracted by my own game, but still. The line on this is making the Buckeyes an insane 17 point favorite or something, which, hey, is possible but sure doesn’t seem probable right now, you know? But this site isn’t about gambling advice, and I think ti’s well established that I pick the winners. So, yeah, I got the Buckeyes here.
- Florida @ South Carolina (CBS): You what you could be watching instead of this? The game before this or the game I’ll take about next. Taking the Gamecocks.
- Oklahoma State @ Iowa State (ABC/ESPN2): So how about that state of Iowa this year, eh? We should’ve seen it coming when Iowa State-Iowa went to double overtime back in September, I guess. Reason says stick with the Pokes, but a view of this season at the moment says go with the Cyclones.
- North Carolina State @ Boston College (ABC/ESPN2): I still like the Wolfpack.
- Arkansas @ Louisiana State (ESPN): Okay, so maybe the Novembert mystique has worn off.
- Nebraska @ Minnesota (FS1): This is definitely a matchup of two Big Ten West teams that aren’t Wisconsin or Iowa. Uh, Gophers?
- Connecticut @ Central Florida (ESPNU): UCF.
- Texas Tech vs. Baylor (@Arlington, TX; FOX/RSN): Red Raiders.
- Louisiana-Lafayette @ Mississippi (SEC): Ole Miss… probably.
- Rutgers @ Pennsylvania State (BTN): Nittany Lions.
- Duke @ Army (CBSS): Army.
12:20: Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech (ACC): What to even say? I warned you about Charlottesville? That was probably our worst played game of the season and we paid dearly for it.
Moving on this week, though, I can’t figure if playing VPI the week after they got pasted by Miami is a good thing or not. Either way, what I want to see from the Jackets today is just a sense of urgency, a sense that hey, we have to seize our chances for the first this season and do what it takes to win. This team is essentially three plays away from being undefeated. It’s time to harness those feelings and use them toward something productive.
3:00: Wake Forest @ Syracuse (ACC/RSN): The ‘Cuse.
- Iowa @ Wisconsin (ABC): Oh hey, it’s the two relevant Big Ten teams. First, there’s this year’s version of #PutPittIn in Iowa, and then there’s Wisconsin, who is undefeated but sports a best win at the moment of… Northwestern. Nonetheless, Iowa hasn’t showed much outside of Kinnick Stadium (i.e., the place where highly ranked Big Ten east teams go to die), so I’m sticking with the Badgers here.
- Georgia @ Auburn (CBS): I’m going with Georgia here but pulling hard for Auburn.
- Florida State @ Clemson (ESPN): Well, uh, FSU looked kinda okay last week? Uh, yeah, stick to Iowa-Wisconsin or UGA-Auburn.
- West Virginia @ Kansas State (ESPN2): This might also be fun, actually, in the sense this is about as far apart as two teams can be in the Big 12 and still be playing the same sport. I think this is a tossup, but I still like WVU here.
- Virginia @ Louisville (ESPNU): Lamar Jackson should be able to do enough to win here.
- Michigan @ Maryland (BTN): Michigan.
- Southern Methodist @ Navy (CBSS): This could be a sneaky good game. SMU is better on paper this year, but I’m going with the Midshipmen at home.
- Southern California @ Colorado (FOX): USC.
- Kentucky @ Vanderbilt (SEC): Kentucky.
5:30: Washington State @ Utah (Pac12): Wazzu has looked terrible on the road, so… Utes? Not sure about this one.
6:30: Western Kentucky @ Marshall (beIN): Hilltoppers.
- Alabama @ Mississippi State (ESPN): Bama.
- Purdue @ Northwestern (ESPN2): Purdue.
- New Mexico @ Texas A&M (ESPNU): TAMU.
- Tulane @ East Carolina (CBSS): Tulane!
7:30: Tennessee @ Missouri (SEC): Tigers!
- Notre Dame @ Miami (ABC): Why did I essentially skip to here? Because I’m pressed for time and want to go to bed, but also because that’s you’ll be doing. This is the irresistible force and immovable object game of the week. This is also when I think Miami’s penchant for playing it close as long as humanly possible is going to bite them. I’m going with the Domers.
- Texas Christian @ Oklahoma (FOX): If for some reason ND-Miami isn’t working out, flip to FOX. If there’s one team in the Big 12 that could possibly contain Baker Mayfield at home, it’s TCU. But Mayfield is also playing out of his mind right now, so it’s hard to pick against him.
9:30: Arizona State @ California-Los Angeles (Pac12): UCLA.
10:00: Oregon State @ Arizona (ESPN2): Zona.
10:15: Wyoming @ Air Force (ESPNU): Wyoming.
10:30: Boise State @ Colorado State (CBSS): Rams.