As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- South Florida @ Central Florida (ESPN): UCF continues its quest to become one of the worst teams in the history of college football with a visit from a surging USF squad. I’d stick to the other game.
- Texas Tech @ Texas (FS1): At 4-6, Texas isn’t out of the bowl picture yet (especially with the “being short of teams” business) but time is running out for the ‘Horns. The Fighting Kingsburys recently got back into form after a 3-game losing streak by putting up 56 on K-State, so they figure to have the advantage here.
- Navy @ Houston (ABC): This one’s tough to judge. These are both solid teams with potent offenses. Navy did beat Memphis by a larger margin, so I’m giving a slight edge to the Midshipmen.
- Miami @ Pittsburgh (ESPN2): I like Pitt a lot in this late season ACC tilt. Miami’s “mailing it in” status seems to vary based on the opponent, so we’ll see.
- Marshall @ Western Kentucky (FS1): If last year’s contest is any indication, then this will be one of the most exciting games of the weekend. Western Kentucky’s looked slightly better on the year, so I’ll go with them.
- Western Michigan @ Toledo (CBSS): Toledo should have this one.
2:30: Missouri @ Arkansas (CBS): Well, Mizzou has no offense basically, which makes this an apparently easy pick for the ‘Hogs, but you never know with the Fightin’ Berts.
- Washington State @ Washington (FOX): It’s a bit of an inversion in the Apple Cup this year, eh? Three months after everyone was writing off Mike Leach and Co., they’re one of the mot improved teams of the year. I suspect coaches would take that sort of result against Portland State if it meant more seasons like this. So, yeah, I like the Cougs here.
- Iowa @ Nebraska (ABC): Someone, please, help? Anyone? I have to go with the Hawkeyes, though.
- Boise State @ San Jose State (CBSS): Boise’s down this year, but that happens sometimes. They should be able to beat the Spartans.
4:00: Oregon State @ Oregon (FS1): Oregon’s looked more like, well, themselves the past few weeks, which does not bode well for Oregon State at all.
4:30: Massachusetts @ Buffalo (ESPNU): Buffalo is mediocre. UMass is terrible. Easy pick!
7:30: Baylor @ Texas Christian (ESPN): Game of the day, except that everyone’s hurt. However, Baylor seems to have the much, much better Plan B, so I’m giving them a slight edge.
8:00: Tulsa @ Tulane (ESPNU): Well, Tulane just fired their coach, so… Tulsa?