This is going to be quick, as I’ve spent most the past eighteen hours traveling.
As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Oklahoma @ Tulsa (ABC/ESPN2): Oklahoma.
- Akron @ Pennsylvania State (ABC/ESPN2): Penn State.
- Missouri @ Toledo (ESPN): Mizzou.
- Kansas State @ Iowa State (FS1): Kansas State.
- Central Michigan @ Purdue (ESPNEWS): Central Michigan?
- Southern Methodist @ North Texas (FSN): SMU.
- Buffalo @ Army (CBSS): Buffalo.
- Western Kentucky @ Illinois (BTN): Illinois?
- Florida Atlantic @ Alabama (SEC): Alabama.
- Arkansas State @ Tennessee (SEC): Tennessee.
2:00: Alabama-Birmingham @ Mississippi State (SEC/FSN): Miss State.
3:00: Fresno State @ Utah (Pac12): Utah?
- Southern California @ Stanford (ABC): Stanford?
- Ball State @ Iowa (ESPN2): Iowa.
- Ohio @ Kentucky (ESPNU): Kentucky.
- Maryland @ South Florida (CBSS): Maryland?
- Georgia Tech @ Tulane (ESPNEWS): This is a bit of a tough call. It’s the first home game in over three decades for the Green Wave, who are moving out of the cavernous Superdome and back into a proper stadium. It’s also tough because we didn’t exactly cover ourselves in glory last week against Wofford, with a sluggish start that lasted for the entire first half. There’s some questions for this team, and I suspect there will be some answers from this game.
- Eastern Michigan @ Florida (SEC): Florida.
4:30: Mississippi @ Vanderbilt (@Nashville, TN; ESPN): I figured all week there was some Cinderella metaphor where, with James Franklin leaving representing the clock hitting midnight and turning back into a pumpkin and stuff, but I’m super exhausted so I’m not sure how I was going to really tie it together. Either way, Ole Miss.
6:30: Michigan State @ Oregon (FOX): Oregon?
- San Jose State @ Auburn (ESPN2): Auburn.
- East Carolina @ South Carolina (ESPNU): South Carolina?
- Arizona State @ New Mexico (CBSS): Arizona State.
- Michigan @ Notre Dame (NBC): Notre Dame?
- Brigham Young @ Texas (FS1): Texas.
- Virginia Tech @ Ohio State (ESPN): Ohio State?
- San Diego State @ North Carolina (ESPNEWS): North Carolina.
10:00: Memphis @ California-Los Angeles (Pac12): UCLA.
- Colorado State @ Boise State (ESPN2): Boise State.
- Air Force @ Wyoming (ESPNU): Air Force?
10:30: Oregon State @ Hawaii (CBSS): Oregon State.
11:00: Texas Tech @ Texas-El Paso (FS1): Texas Tech?