While I was correct about the ridiculousness of the Florida-South Carolina line, Boise actually covered the 31.5 points against Idaho and TCU darn near doubled the 20 points on TCU in their 55-28 drubbing of the Utes.
Letâ€™s see what else I was horrendously wrong about (I say â€œall predictions wrongâ€ every week for a reason), along with some other observations.
- Dexter McCluster has Ole Miss going the right way after their 42-17 drubbing of Tennessee.
- Purdue made it interesting for awhile, but ultimately Sparty prevailed in West Lafayette.
- FSUâ€™s offense was pretty much not toast as Ponderâ€™s replacement, E.J. Manuel, went 15 for 20 and 220 yards passing and the FSU ground game racked up 217 on a very deflated looking Wake squad.
- It looked like Miami was headed right to BCS-ville for awhile today, but ultimately suffered the letdown in Chapel Hill that will likely mean the ACCâ€™s chances of getting that elusive 2nd BCS bid are shot.
- Oh, Stanford made it interesting all right.
- Why do all of Arizona Stateâ€™s backup quarterbacks look like theyâ€™re 15 or 16 years old? They just look so wirey and thin out there, Iâ€™m surprised they havenâ€™t gotten snapped in half yet.
As for GT-Duke, man, I woke up and turned the game on just in time for kick off. And then I saw my worst nightmare come true â€“ Duke came out throwing, and the defense came out flat and they scored right off the bat. Then we went 3 and out and screwed up the snap on the punt, putting the Blue Devils in great position to go up 14-0. Instead, we forced them to kick a field goal and then returned the kickoff to the Duke 1 yard line, and after that scored 49 unanswered.
The result? Well, I seem to have booked a flight to Tampa for some reasonâ€¦.
Bowl predictions go up later today.