As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Notre Dame @ Clemson (ABC): I’m on the road and so this may be short. But yeah, Clemson got an all-time call-in show performance by Dabo Swinney earlier this week. Generally speaking, I view that as a reason to go with Notre Dame.
- Kansas State @ Texas (FOX): I think Texas has enough firepower to win this one, which is good, because they really need to take care of business.
- Ohio State @ Rutgers (CBS): Buckeyes all the way here.
- Texas A&M @ Mississippi (ESPN): Are to the point of the season yet where Ole Miss drops a game because Lane is too busy trying to get another job? Not yet? Okay.
- Arkansas @ Florida (ESPN2): The Hogs are still limited by their lack of offense, and even with a coordinator change I don’t see things going much better against the Gators.
- Nebraska @ Michigan State (FS1): I’m actually going to pick Nebraska? Man that feels weird.
- Wisconsin @ Indiana (BTN): Wisky all the way here.
- Jacksonville State @ South Carolina (ESPNU): Jax State is having a first great season in FBS. But the Gamecocks are still going to win.
- Connecticut @ Tennessee (SEC): Vols.
- Campbell @ North Carolina (ACCN)
- Georgia Tech @ Virginia (The CW): Okay, so at this point we’re going to keep the every other week thing right? (Looks at remaining schedule.) Right?
- Arizona State @ Utah (Pac12): Utah is good but I think they’re more or less out of bodies. I’ll take the Sun Devils.
- Navy @ Temple (ESPN+)
2:30: Army vs. Air Force (@Denver, CO; CBSSN): Army just doesn’t have the juice this year, which should allow the Falcons to cruise to the Commander-in-Chief’s trophy.
- Florida Atlantic @ Alabama-Birmingham (ESPN+)
- South Florida @ Memphis (ESPN+)
- Texas-San Antonio @ North Texas (ESPN+)
- Louisiana @ Arkansas State (ESPN+)
- Missouri @ Georgia (CBS): Like many Georgia games this year, a seemingly gettable UGA squad will make one of their better opponents look silly.
- Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State (“Bedlam”; ABC): Provided I don’t become the God-Emporer of College Football in the near future, this is the last Bedlam for a while. The joke, of course, is that “anything can happen in Bedlam: Oklahoma can win by a little, a lot, or a medium amount”. And the overall series record for this game reflects that. (91-17-7 OU, btw.) And, yet, despite the joke, I think after OU’s stumble in Lawrence last weekend anything can happen. And you know that as the jilted partner her, Stillwater is going to be up for it. So what the hell, let’s take the Pokes.
- Pennsylvania State @ Maryland (FOX): Presumably Earth, Wind, and Fire is playing on loop in the Maryland football building.
- Florida State @ Pittsburgh (ESPN): The Superweapon is presumably too depleted to knock off FSU here.
- James Madison @ Georgia State (ESPN2): JMU all the way.
- Central Florida @ Cincinnati (FS1): Well, I guess UCF will finally get a Big 12 win.
- Illinois @ Minnesota (BTN): The Illni defense is going to just stuff the Gophers into a locker.
- Tulane @ East Carolina (ESPNU): The Green Wave will take care of business here.
- Virginia Tech @ Louisville (ACCN): I didn’t expect to even give the Hokies a chance, but here we are. I think the toothéd birds can get back in track here though.
- Iowa vs. Northwestern (@Chicago, IL; Peacock)
- Merrimack @ Massachusetts (ESPN+)
- Houston @ Baylor (ESPN+)
- Coastal Carolina @ Old Dominion (ESPN+)
- Auburn @ Vanderbilt (SEC): LIGHTNING ROUND. Tigers!
- Louisiana-Monroe @ Southern Mississippi (ESPN+)
- Charlotte @ Tulsa (ESPN+)
5:00: Georgia Southern @ Texas State (ESPN+)
5:30: California @ Oregon (Pac12): Ducks!
- Marshall @ Appalachian State (NFLN): Herd.
- Louisiana Tech @ Liberty (CBSSN): Flames.
- Nevada-Las Vegas @ New Mexico (MWN)
- Middle Tennessee State @ New Mexico State (ESPN+)
- Brigham Young @ West Virginia (FOX): ‘Neers.
- Kansas @ Iowa State (ESPN): Jayhawks?
- Utah State @ San Diego State (FS1): Aztecs?
- Washington @ Southern California (ABC): Oh my goodness this game. Will UDub get enough stops? Becuase they might put up 80, but they’ll need to stop Caleb Williams and company at least once. I like the Huskies.
- Purdue @ Michigan (NBC): Wolverines.
- Southern Methodist @ Rice (ESPNU): Ponies.
- Kentucky @ Mississippi State (SEC): Wildcats.
7:45: Louisiana State @ Alabama (CBS): Tide.
8:00: Miami @ North Carolina State (ACCN): Cane’s?
- Stanford @ Washington State (Pac12): Cougs!
- Western Kentucky @ Texas-El Paso (ESPN+)
- Oregon State @ Colorado (ESPN): Beavers!
- Boise State @ Fresno State (CBSS): Fresno.
10:30: California-Los Angeles @ Arizona (FS1): Bruins?