As we get the season proper started, a quick reminder on the format of this post. I’ll do small descriptions of each contest involving two FBS teams on a regular linear television channel, otherwise it’s just listed here without commentary.
As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
6:30: Temple @ Rutgers (BTN): Wait, this is the game that’s going to kick off the college football season? Well, at least Greg Schiano will get a chance to show some progress in Week 1.
- Boise State @ Central Florida (ESPN): This is the sort of intra-G5 matchup I want to see more of. Mostly because I don’t have a fantastic read on either of these teams and I think it’d be fun to be able to watch this, even though I’m traveling and I won’t be able to. I’m picking… this is a tough one y’all. Boise? Sure, Boise.
- Long Island @ Florida International (espn3.com)
- Wagner @ Buffalo (espn3.com)
- Tennessee-Martin @ Western Kentucky (ESPN+)
- Western Illinois @ Ball State (ESPN+)
- The Citadel @ Coastal Carolina (ESPN+)
- Eastern Carolina vs. Appalachian State (Duke’s Mayo Classic @ Charlotte, NC):Â App State should be able to take out ECU easily.
- South Florida @ North Carolina State (ACCN): This is still a relatively depleted USF team that shouldn’t worry the Wolfpack.
- Weber State @ Utah (Pac12)
- California-Davis @ Tulsa (ESPN+)
- Ohio State @ Minnesota (FOX): I hope the Gophers can give a fight here, but it’s hard to see anything other than the Buckeyes rolling.
- Bowling Green @ Tennessee (SEC): The Vols should be able to take out one of the worst teams in college football.
10:00: Eastern Washington @ Nevada-Las Vegas (Stadium)
10:30: Southern Utah @ Arizona State (Pac12)
6:00: North Carolina @ Virginia Tech (ESPN): Most of the college football universe is essentially waiting to see whether Justin Fuente is going to get fired, and well, I like Carolina here for a reason.
- Duke @ Charlotte (CBSS): I think I still have to pick Duke here but if I’m being honest I’m not all that confident about it.
- Old DominionÂ @ Wake Forest (ACCN): Wake.
- Saint Francis @ Eastern Michigan (espn3.com)
8:00: South Dakota @ Kansas (ESPN+)
- Michigan State @ Northwestern (ESPN): I’m not going to watch this game, and you don’t have to either. I’ll take Northwestern here though.
- South Dakota State @ Colorado State (FS1)
- Northern Colorado @ Colorado (Pac12)