The invitations, they keep a-flowin’. The bowls are, as usual, here.
- Fresno State will head to the New Mexico Bowl.
- Southern Miss will represent C-USA in the New Orleans Bowl.
- Cal will probably head to the Emerald Bowl, while the winner of the Arizona State-Arizona game will go to Vegas. My questions is, what happens if Arizona loses? I assume they’re going to Hawaii.
- Rice is staying home and headed to the Texas Bowl. I’m surprised that they took Rice over Houston, but maybe that’s just me. Their opponent may be Notre Dame, for what it’s worth.
- It’s like 99% certain Nebraska will go to the Gator.
That’s all for now. Most of the action will happen on Sunday, so look for the final edition of these predictions very early Sunday. I’ll do one last sweep tomorrow night, watch Saturday’s games, and then do the last set before the dominoes fall.