As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Ohio State @ Illinois (ESPN): Iâ€™m sure the Buckeyes will be able to figure out something against the nationâ€™s 105th ranked scoring defense.
- Indiana @ Wisconsin (ESPN2): Iâ€™m less sure about Indianaâ€™s ability to put something together against the nationâ€™s 6th ranked scoring defense, though.
- Iowa State @ Oklahoma (FS1): Oklahoma figures to be out for blood after last week.
- Cincinnati @ Rutgers (ESPNEWS): Cincy has generally be a much more consistent team so far this year; they should be able to get a win.
- Troy @ Mississippi (ESPNU): Troy already lost 62-7 to Mississippi State this year, soâ€¦
- West Virginia @ Kansas (FSN): West Virginia has been extremely inconsistent this season, but itâ€™s hard to envision how bad they would need to be to lose to Kansas.
- Purdue @ Pennsylvania State (BTN): Penn State would be bowl eligible after this if they were eligible to go a bowl.
- Kentucky @ Vanderbilt (SEC): Speaking of bowl eligibility, the Commodores are 5-4 and close with Kentucky, Tennessee, and Wake Forest. I have to say I like their chances of going 8-4.
- North Carolina @ Pittsburgh (ACC): Both these teams have lost to every competent opponent theyâ€™ve played this year, making this game a pretty even match. That said, Pitt did knock off Notre Dame last week and Carolina is riding a 3-game win streak. Iâ€™m giving a slight edge to Pitt, though.
- Maryland @ Virginia Tech (ACC): Good Logan Thomas finally reappeared last week in last weekâ€™s easy win over Miami. However, thanks to Bad Logan Thomasâ€™s loss to Duke, the Hokies donâ€™t control their own destiny in the division.
- North Carolina State @ Boston College (ACC/FSN): NC State is 0-6 in ACC play, and I donâ€™t see that improving this week.
2:00: Washington State @ Arizona (Pac12): Wazzou is better this year than last, but theyâ€™re still not quite there yet.
- Georgia @ Auburn (CBS): Iâ€™d say the tables are almost completely flipped for these two teams from where they were at the start of the season. Considering their injury situation, I just donâ€™t see how UGA will be able to keep up with the Tigers.
- Michigan State @ Nebraska (ABC/ESPN2): The risk for a team like Michigan State is always that one week, the defense just isnâ€™t quite up to snuff and the offense is still as incompetent as ever. But that said, Nebraska is a 7-2 team that most people would probably describe as â€œstrugglingâ€, what with being a few plays away from 5-4 and all. Iâ€™ll stick with Sparty here.
- Syracuse @ Florida State (ABC/ESPN2): Syracuse isâ€¦ not good. Not good at all.
- Miami @ Duke (ESPNU): On paper, this one shouldnâ€™t be close. Miami is a team that can definitely shoot itself in the foot, but thatâ€™s really the only way the Blue Devils can win this game.
- South Alabama @ Navy (CBSS): Navy isnâ€™t awesome this year, but they donâ€™t need to be against these guys.
- Texas Christian @ Kansas State (FSN): TCU barely eked out a win over Iowa State last weekend, which does not bode well for their chances against the Wildcats.
- Michigan @ Northwestern (BTN): Northwesternâ€™s awful year doesnâ€™t appear to be getting any better, but if they have a shot, itâ€™s against this moribund Michigan squad.
4:00: Utah @ Oregon (FS1): This is sure to be yet another resounding defeat for the transitive property as it applies to college football.
5:30: California @ Colorado (Pac12): Going with Colorado, because why not?
- Baylor vs. Texas Tech (@Arlington, TX; FOX): I figured Texas Tech might lose 4 of their last 5, but well, I didnâ€™t really see them losing to Kansas State. Whoops. Things donâ€™t look to be getting much better against Baylor.
- Florida @ South Carolina (ESPN2): Florida is just so inept offensive that it is impossible to pick them to win this game.
- Houston @ Louisville (ESPNU): Louisvilleâ€™s best shot at the AAC crown looked to be Houston beating UCF last weekend, but that didnâ€™t happen. The Cardinals may be out for revenge.
- Louisiana Tech @ Rice (CBSS): Going with Rice here. Theyâ€™re better, but it still feels weird.
7:45: Alabama @ Mississippi State (ESPN): There is almost no way I could purposely pick anyone to beat Alabama right now.
8:00: Stanford @ Southern California (ABC): DACOACHO GONNA GO OUT COACHA DA FOOTBAW ANNA LEADA THA TROWJANS TOA VICTORIE. Okay, probably not. Stanford is pretty good, folks.
9:30: Oregon State @ Arizona State (Pac12): This is an intriguing matchup of the Pac-12â€™s second tier, and, well, Iâ€™ve been calling this for Arizona State for weeks in the bowl predictions, so Iâ€™m going to stick to my guns.
10:15: Wyoming @ Boise State (ESPN2): Boise should be able to handle this.
- San Diego State @ Hawaii (CBSS): The retro uniforms will be cool, but itâ€™s hard to see the re-christened Rainbow Warriors having much of a chance here.
- San Jose State @ Nevada (ESPNU): Itâ€™s been pretty bad for Nevada this year. Hard to see it getting much better against SJSU.