As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Oklahoma vs. Texas (“Red River Shootout” @ Dallas, TX; ABC): Okay well, my audio debut last week mostly seems to me kind of a cheap cop out. It’s definitely easierâ€”all I need to do it is stream-of-consciousness into a microphone for 20 minutes. Whereas with this I have to care about “proper spelling” and “grammatically correct English”. Which, look, the Braves lost earlier today and I’ve had a few drinks, okay? The other thing would be easier. Alas. Anyway, we got Oklahoma and Texas playing about six hours from now! That’s real early! But yeah, Oklahoma is still the favorite in the Big 12 until I’m aware of any other alternative.
- Maryland @ Ohio State (FOX): Buckeyes.
- Arkansas @ Mississippi (ESPN): I kind of have the Razoracks WHOMPIN’ their way to a win in Oxford?
- South Carolina @ Tennessee (ESPN2): Vols, not because they’re good, but because South Carolina is bad.
- West Virginia @ Baylor (FS1): Baylor’s kind of good this year, I guess? Still getting used to this college football thing with baseball going on, I have to admit.
- Vanderbilt @ Florida (SEC): Gators.
- Michigan State @ Rutgers (BTN): Sparty.
- Northern Illinois @ Toledo (CBSS): Toledo?
- Akron @ Bowling Green (ESPN+)
12:30: Georgia Tech @ Duke (ACC/RSN): So much for “hope” and “progress”. Look, I can accept that Kenny Pickett is a really good quarterback. But maybe this is our lot for this year? With an easier schedule maybe we could luck our way into a bowl game, but it looks like at this point it’s just gonna be weird and Geoff Collins is gonna be here another year.
2:00: Old Dominion @ Marshall (Facebook)
3:00: Virginia @ Louisville (ACCN): T
- Georgia @ Auburn (“The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry”; CBS): I hope, against all hope, that the usual shenanigans happen and Auburn wins. The problem? I just don’t believe it will happen.
- Boise State @ Brigham Young (ABC): Boise just doesn’t seem that good this year, and the Stormin’ Mormons do. That makes this an easy choice.
- Florida State @ North Carolina (ESPN): FSU is still terrible, even though they did beat Louisville after all last week, I’m still going with UNC.
- Wake Forest @ Syracuse (ESPN2): Wake until proven otherwise definitely a thing I am typing in this, the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand Twenty-One.
- San Jose State @ Colorado State (FS1): Neither of these MWC teams have inspired a lot of confidence for me so far, but I’ll still go with the San Jose Spartans on the road.
- Ball State @ Western Michigan (ESPNU): WMU?
- Wisconsin @ Illinois (BTN): The Badgers should have no issues here.
- Southern Methodist @ Navy (CBSS): Ponies.
- Florida Atlantic @ Alabama-Birmingham (Stadium): Well, I said “Go Blazers” last week for the first weekend of UAB’s first ever non-Legion Field stadium, and they got pretty much blown out by Liberty. Plus, FAU seems good this year, so I gotta pick the Owls.
- Connecticut @ Massachusetts (NESN/Flofootball)
- Middle Tennessee State @ Liberty (espn3.com)
- Central Michigan @ Ohio (ESPN+)
- Miami @ Eastern Michigan (ESPN+)
- Pennsylvania State @ Iowa (FOX): This is the game of the day. The issue is that I have no idea who to favor here. This definitely seems to be one of those Iowa teams that cruises their way to a comfortable Orange Bowl win, but I also think that this edition of Penn State is pretty good. I’m not sure way to do, but elsewhere i’ve picked the Hawkeyes, so I guess my hands are tied.
- North Texas @ Missouri (SEC): Mizzou should manage to win this one, at least.
- Oregon State @ Washington State (Pac12): Is anyone good in the Pac-12,who knows? I’ll go with the Beavers here, though.
6:00: East Carolina @ Central Florida (ESPN+)
- Texas Christian @ Texas Tech (ESPN): LIGHTNING ROUND. Red Raiders!
- Buffalo @ Kent State (ESPNU): Bulls!
- Wyoming @ Air Force (CBSS): Cowboys!
- Texas-San Antonio @ Western Kentucky (Stadium): Meep meep!
- Texas-El Paso @ Southern Mississippi (espn3.com)
- Georgia Southern @ Troy (ESPN+)
- South Alabama @ Texas State (ESPN+)
- Michigan @ Nebraska (ABC): Wolverines!
- Louisiana State @ Kentucky (SEC): Wildcats!
- Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech (ACCN): Irish!
- Alabama @ Texas A&M (CBS): Tide!
- Utah @ Southern California (FOX): Trojans?
- Georgia State @ Louisiana-Monroe (espn3.com)
- Memphis @ Tulsa (ESPN2): Tigers!
- New Mexico @ San Diego State (FS1): Aztecs!
- California-Los Angeles @ Arizona (ESPN): Bruins!
- New Mexico State @ Nevada (CBSS): Wolf Pack!