As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Nebraska @ Ohio State (FOX): Whoo boy there’s a lot more games this weekend I wonder… oh hey there Big Ten! Welcome back! Uh, and what better way to say “B1G 1S B4CK!” than… a team that hasn’t been in the conference for a decade getting blown out by the Buckeyes?
- Oklahoma @ Texas Christian (ABC): Just two two-loss Big 12 teams, tryin’ to find their way. I’ve got OU here.
- North Carolina State @ North Carolina (ESPN): This is a rivalry, but unlike last week, I don’t think UNC is going to shirk away from this moment.
- Kansas @ Kansas State (“The Sunflower Showdown”; FS1): Was Kansas supposed to be better this year? I kinda thought they were. But, um, they aren’t.
- Georgia Southern @ Coastal Carolina (ESPNU): Speaking of teams who’ve beaten Kansas, it’s Coastal Carolina. Ranked, even! And favored here!
- Auburn @ Mississippi (SEC): It’s extremely worrying if you let South Carolina score 30, whatever the reason. Hard to pick Auburn here.
- Rutgers @ Michigan State (BTN): Ah, here’s the other way you want to welcome back the Big Ten… a battle of two new coaches! Yeah, that’s right, Schiano is back in New Jersey to restore, uh, an air of competence(?) to Rutgers, and Sparty has finally moved past Dantonio. They might even try to play offense now! Exciting times in East Lansing, where they should be able to get started with a win.
- Mercer @ Army (CBSS)
- Syracuse @ Clemson (ACCN): The line on this game is Clemson by 46.5. I don’t think that’s the largest line ever in a conference game, but that’s a lot. And… they’ll probably Cover.
- Florida State @ Louisville (ACC/RSN): Will FSU’s sudden burst of competence allow them to get past Louisville as well? Sure, why not.
- Temple @ Memphis (ESPN+)
- Texas-El Paso @ Charlotte (ESPN+)
1:00: Southern Mississippi @ Liberty (espn3.com)
2:00: Tulane @ Central Florida (ESPN2): Provided they’re not gutted by a extremely close loss to Memphis last week, UCF should just plain out talent Tulane.
2:30: Florida Atlantic @ Marshall (Stadium/RSN)
- Alabama @ Tennessee (CBS): I don’t think it particularly matters which Saturday this month this game occurred, the result would be the same. Normally, I’d say two tough games in a row would wear down any team, but you have to figure Bama is used to getting everyone’s best shot, and I don’t think the Vols can put the kind of pressure on Bama’s “down” defense that Ole Miss a couple weeks ago.
- Iowa State @ Oklahoma State (FOX): Okahoma State is #6? What? Yeah, uh, they won’t be after this, I reckon.
- Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh (ABC): I want to see the Pitt Superweapon do its thing as much as anyone else, but as long as they keep playing so conservative as not to win I’m not sure how they will upset anyone.
- Baylor @ Texas (ESPN): I like Texas here.
- Pennsylvania State @ Indiana (FS1): So far the best Big Ten game of the day, but it should still be a straightforward Penn State win.
- Iowa @ Purdue (BTN): I have no idea what to expect, other than Purdue’s best player is out, so probably Iowa?
- Houston @ Navy (CBSS): Navy’s actually playing football now, whereas Houston hasn’t been. I’ll take the Midshipmen here.
- Virginia Tech @ Wake Forest (ACC/RSN): I do not understand Virginia Tech right now, but I feel that I should not cross them.
- Middle Tennessee State @ Rice (espn3.com)
- Georgia State @ Troy (ESPNU): Troy all day here.
- Kentucky @ Missouri (SEC): I still like Kentucky, at least, I like them to beat Mizzou.
- Georgia Tech @ Boston College (ACCN): I don’t even know what to say after week. I mean, Clemson is good, but… yeah, that was bad. It’s probably best just to move on.
- Tennessee-Chattanooga @ Western Kentucky (espn3.com)
5:30: West Virginia @ Texas Tech (ESPN2): Okay, it’s late and I still have work to do. LIGHTNING ROUND! ‘NEERS!
- South Carolina @ Louisiana State (ESPN): LSU!
- Utah State @ Boise State (FS1): BLUE TURF!
- Wyoming @ Nevada (CBSS): WYOMING!
- Louisiana-Monroe @ South Alabama (ESPN+)
- Hawaii @ Fresno State (PPV)
- Michigan @ Minnesota (ABC): JUG! BACK TO MICHIGAN!
- Maryland @ Northwestern (BTN): WHY WOULD YOU WATCH THIS ON PURPOSE? NORTHWESTERN I GUESS?
- Louisiana Tech @ Texas-San Antonio (ESPNU): UTSA!
- Virginia @ Miami (ACCN): MIAMI?
9:00: Cincinnati @ Southern Methodist (ESPN2): Uh, this game is going to be hot, no joke. Watch this one. I like Cincy in the end, mostly because they play defense.
10:15: Texas State @ Brigham Young (ESPN): BYU continues their quest to have their best season since 1984.
- Nevada-Las Vegas @ San Diego State (CBSS): Okay, no Pac-12 After Dark this evening, but next best thing: MOUNTAIN WEST ACTION! I am legitimately looking forward to this. First, I’ll pick the Aztecs.
- Air Force @ San Jose State (FS1): Unlike San Jose, Air Force has played a game this year, so I’ll take the Falcons.