As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
7:00: Louisville @ Georgia Tech (ESPN): I think all I really have to say about our season so far is that I really hope we start to look at least somewhat improved by December.
- Virginia Tech @ North Carolina (ABC): Well, this figures to be Virginia Tech’s toughest test so far, since COVID wasn’t enough to give Duke a chance against them. Carolina figures to have no such issues, though.
- Texas vs. Oklahoma (“The Red River Shootout” @ Dallas, TX; FOX): Well, at least some things have gone as expected so far in 2020, that particular thing being the continued “not being back”-ness of Texas. That said, they do seem to have a particular “playing up/down to their competition” as I suspected last week, so I still like them over Oklahoma.
- Florida @ Texas A&M (ESPN): Well, A&M just got pasted by Alabama, so I’m sure the Gators will be the cure for what ails them. Er, wait, no, it’s probably the other thing.
- Louisiana-Monroe @ Liberty (ESPN2): Liberty figures to be 4-0 after this one.
- South Carolina @ Vanderbilt (SEC): Speaking of cures for what ails them, Vandy appears to slide onto the schedule at just the right time for the Gamecocks.
- Missouri vs. Louisiana State (@Columbia, MO): Well, Hurricane Delta forced this to be LSU’s first ever trip to Columbia, despite the Tigers being one of the 4 SEC teams west of the Mississippi (along with LSU) and the fact they’ve been in the SEC for 8 years, but that’s divisional scheduling for you.
- North Carolina State @ Virginia (ACCN): Well, NC State got surprise win against Pitt last week, which may signal they’re stronger than we thought. UVA, well, we still don’t know a lot about them, but I’m still leaning toward the Cavs here.
12:30: Duke @ Syracuse (ACC/RSN): ‘Cuse? Sure, why not.
1:30: The Citadel @ Army (CBSS)
- Tennessee @ Georgia (CBS): Tennessee is ranked? Sure, um, well, they won’t be after this.
- Texas Tech @ Iowa State (ABC): Okay, I gotta get up early today for work, and this is going up on Friday because Tech (my Tech, not this Tech) is playing on a Friday. So… LIGHTNING ROUND! Cyclones!
- Texas-San Antonio @ Brigham Young (ESPN2): Stormin’ Mormons!
- Central Arkansas @ Arkansas State (espn3.com)
- Texas State @ Troy (espn3.com)
- Kansas State @ Texas Christian (FOX): TCU?
- Arkansas @ Auburn (ESPN): Auburn!
- Middle Tennessee State @ Florida International (ESPNU): FIU!
- Pittsburgh @ Boston College (ACCN): Pitt took a tumble against NC State last week, but I still like them here.
6:00: Temple @ Navy (CBSS): I thought Navy would get a little better as time went on, but they got straightÂ waxed by Air Force last weekend. What’s going on in Annapolis? It’s going to be Temple’s first game of the year but I find myself liking the Owls here.
7:00: East Carolina @ South Florida (ESPN+)
- Florida State @ Notre Dame (NBC): FSU’s loss to us is continuing to look worse and worse. Irish win easily here.
- Miami @ Clemson (ABC): Hey, Miami’s in the top 10, eh? DA U IS BACK! Well, uh, not for much longer.
- Alabama @ Mississippi (ESPN): Naturally, Alabama being “down” this year has already translated into them pasting a decent Texas A&M team 52-24. I think they’re going to be okay.
- Texas-El Paso @ Louisiana Tech (ESPN2): “This game will go a long way toward to calibrating the middle of the pack in Conference USA”, he thought to himself without a smidge of irony. He continued: “That said, I’m not sure if this game will be that even. SP+ has LT as a two touchdown favorite, so provided the hurricane situation allows this game to be played in Ruston, the Bulldog figure to win.”
- Mississippi State @ Kentucky (SEC): Mike Leach goes back to the homeland, where Hal MummeÂ originallyÂ brought the Air Raid to Frankfurt in the early 90’s. Naturally, Kentucky runs an offense that’s about as un-Air Raid as you can get. This game figures to be a fun contrast of styles, but Kentucky seems less raw and I like them better.
- Marshall @ Western Kentucky (Stadium/RSN)
8:00: Charlotte @ North Texas (ESPNU): Miami-Clemson and Miss State-Kentucky will probably have you (well, me at least) flipping between channels. They’re going to be tense and exciting (hopefully), so you may need a come down afterward. Well, boy howdy, do I have the Sun Belt game for you! (Read: man do I miss Pac-12 After dark.) Anyway, I like UNT here.