As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Illinois @ Virginia (ACCN): So I’ll be honest. I’m writing this way too late. This is going to be almost entirely lightning round. I’m so sorry. I’ll at least try to say if it’s watchable or not as well. This one probably won’t be. Virginia.
- Western Kentucky @ Army (CBSS): Army.
- Oregon @ Ohio State (FOX): Ohio State – geez, this day is kind of dire so far, but this may still be your best bet even if the Buckeyes win by 2 touchdowns.
- Pittsburgh @ Tennessee (ESPN): Pitt.
- South Carolina @ East Carolina (ESPN2): The fact I had to think about this should give any Gamecocks fan pause. Regardless, USC.
- Tulsa @ Oklahoma State (FS1): Pokes.
- Miami @ Minnesota (ESPNU): Gophers.
- Alabama State @ Auburn (SEC)
- Youngstown State @ Michigan State (BTN)
- Indiana State @ Northwestern (BTN)
- Kennesaw State @ Georgia Tech (ACC/RSN): My mood right now is that we need to start looking for a new head coach, regardless of the result of this game. I expected 4-6 wins this year. This is now virtually impossible after last week’s disaster against NIU.
- Norfolk State @ Wake Forest (ACCNX)
1:00: Florida @ South Florida (ABC): Gators
1:30: Wyoming @ Northern Illinois (ESPN+)
- Rutgers @ Syracuse (ACCN): Cuse
- Middle Tennessee State @ Virginia Tech (ACCNX): VPI
2:30: Toledo @ Notre Dame (Peacock)
3:00: Purdue @ Connecticut (CBSS): Purdue. Oh my word… yeah, Purdue.
- Texas A&M vs. Colorado (FOX): TAMU
- Air Force @ Navy (CBS): AF
- Alabama-Birmingham @ Georgia (ESPN2): UGA 🙁
- Ball State @ Pennsylvania State (FS1): Nittany Lions
- California @ Texas Christian (ESPNU): I suspect there will be fewer than 9 interceptions in this one. The question is whether TCU has enough coherence on offense to overcome Cal’s stifling defense. I suspect they do.
- Buffalo @ Nebraska (BTN): Nebraska… probably?
- Georgia Southern @ Florida Atlantic (Stadium): Southern
- Temple @ Akron (ESPN+)
- Mercer @ Alabama (SEC)
- South Alabama @ Bowling Green (ESPN+)
4:30: Iowa @ Iowa State (“El Assico”; ABC): I’m picking Iow State because I want them to win, not necessarily that I think they will.
5:00: South Carolina State @ Clemson (ACCN)
6:00: Portland State @ Washington State (Pac12)
6:30: Houston @ Rice (CBSS):
- Texas @ Arkansas (ESPN): Longhorns
- North Carolina State @ Mississippi State (ESPN2): Wolfpack
- Appalachian State @ Miami (ESPNU): Da U
- Eastern Michigan @ Wisconsin (FS1): Wisky
- New Mexico State @ New Mexico (“Rio Grande Rivalry”; Stadium): New Mexico, but they’re awful as well so the Aggies will probably still cover 18.5.
- North Texas @ Southern Methodist (ESPN+)
- Texas State @ Florida International (ESPN+)
- Liberty @ Troy (ESPN+)
- Memphis @ Arkansas State (ESPN+)
- Missouri @ Kentucky (SEC): UK
- Howard @ Maryland (BTN)
- Idaho @ Indiana (BTN)
- Georgia State @ North Carolina (ACC/RSN): UNC
- Washington @ Michigan (ABC): Wolverines
- Jacksonville State @ Florida State (ACCN)
- Vanderbilt @ Colorado State (CBSS): Rams
- San Diego State @ Arizona (Pac12): Aztecs
10:15: Utah @ Brigham Young (“Holy War”; ESPN): Utah, but this will probably be the most watchable game of the day.
- Stanford @ Southern California (FOX): Trojans
- Nevada-Las Vegas @ Arizona State (ESPN2): Consider… Arizona State
- Idaho State @ Nevada (Stadium)
11:00: Hawaii @ Oregon State (FS1): Beavers