As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Florida @ Missouri (CBS): LIGHTNING ROUND! Okay, look, I realize I’ve been leaning on that trope a lot so far this season. I honestly don’t know what the future of the site is. In some ways even thinking about the future I think assigns more importance to this than it actually merits. So, yeah, with that bout of self-doubt out of the way, I’m going to do this. pick winners, provide commentary on games that I think are worth it, and then get some sleep. Sounds good, yeah? That’s what I thought. Anyway, Gators.
- Michigan State @ Michigan (FOX): Wolverines!
- Indiana @ Pennsylvania State (ABC): Nittany Lions!
- Alabama @ Mississippi State (ESPN): Oh, man, this is such a pithy one-word response that I felt it necessary to preface this with “yes, this is a one-word response”: Bama.
- Texas Christian @ Texas Tech (ESPN2): TCU?
- Kansas @ Oklahoma State (FS1): Cowboys.
- Tulane @ Temple (ESPNU): This should actually be a fun contrast of styles in the American and one of the more fun games here in this morning slate… maybe I’ll be awake for the fourth quarter. Tulane?
- Wisconsin @ Nebraska (BTN): Wisconsin.
- Massachusetts @ Northwestern (BTN): Even Northwestern figures to score against UMass.
2:30: Navy @ Notre Dame (NBC): So overall this is a fantastic season for Navy so far, but I’m not sure I can realistically ever pick them against most Notre Dame teams that should simply out-athlete them.
3:00: Louisiana-Monroe @ Georgia Southern (ESPN+)
- Georgia @ Auburn (CBS): I want Auburn to win so badly, but I just can’t pick them. But then again, it’s not exactly outlandish. Auburn will come in with a great defensive line on a Georgia offense that has definitely scuffled at points this year. I can definitely talk myself into Auburn winning this, which is exactly why I’m going with UGA.
- Wake Forest @ Clemson (ABC): Clemson!
- West Virginia @ Kansas State (ESPN): Kansas State!
- Memphis @ Houston (ESPN2): Memphis.
- Texas @ Iowa State (FS1): Texas?
- Kentucky @ Vanderbilt (SEC): Kentucky?
- Ohio State @ Rutgers (BTN): Ohio State!
- Central Michigan @ Ball State (CBSS): Central Michigan?
- Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech (ACC/RSN): Well, it’s Year Zero. What this means, if you’re not familiar, is that a team has a new coach and things are so different, and so many changes are being made, that the new coach sort of gets a free pass on their first year. Hence, “year zero”. I watched the game last week and believe that this team is getting better, and I think there’s reason to believe that next year we’ll get back to a bowl. But for now, I hope that we can still at least spoil Bud Foster’s last season appropriately by running the option like 50 times.
- Minnesota @ Iowa (FOX): Minnesota? Should we believe in them now? I have no idea, but I don’t feel tempted to bet against them again.
- Wyoming @ Utah State (ESPNU): Wyoming?
- Syracuse @ Duke (ACCN): Duke?
- Stanford @ Washington State (Pac12): Wazzu should win this game, so I’m picking Stanford.
- Rice @ Middle Tennessee State (ESPN+)
5:00: Louisiana-Lafayette @ South Alabama (ESPN+)
6:00: Southern Mississippi @ Texas-San Antonio (ESPN+)
- Louisiana State @ Mississippi (ESPN): LSU!
- Air Force @ Colorado State (ESPN2): AF!
- Cincinnati @ South Florida (CBSS): Cincy!
- Oklahoma @ Baylor (ABC): Oklahoma’s defense didn’t improve as anticipated, but I think they can still outscore Baylor.
- Arizona State @ Oregon State (FS1): Arizona state?
- Appalachian State @ Georgia State (ESPNU): App State!
- South Carolina @ Texas A&M (SEC): TAMU!
- Louisville @ North Carolina State (ACCN): Louisville? Seriously, I feel like that’s just a question in and of itself. No expected the kind of season they’re having after the barren wasteland Bobby Petrino left. It’s kind of amazing.
8:00: California-Los Angeles @ Utah (FOX): Utah.
10:15: New Mexico @ Boise State (ESPN2): Boise.
10:30: Arizona @ Oregon (ESPN): Oregon!
11:00: Southern California @ California (FS1): USC?