As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Oklahoma @ Kansas (ABC): Hey folks, once again, this whole writeup is probably going to be LIGHTNING ROUND time. I was pretty busy this past week and this weekend. Things should be pretty normal from next week on out. So in that spirit: Oklahoma.
- Iowa @ Michigan (FOX): I probably wouldn’t recommend watching this. I have Iowa.
- Purdue @ Pennsylvania State (ESPN): Penn State: are they actually good? This game probably won’t tell us much, but I have the Nittany Lions all the way here.
- Texas Christian @ Iowa State (ESPN2): This game seems like a coin flip, but I’ll give a slight edge to the Cyclones at home.
- Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech (FS1): See above, but I guess I’ll take Oklahoma State on the road.
- Kent State @ Wisconsin (ESPNU): Wisky.
- Utah State @ Louisiana State (SEC): LSU.
- Maryland @ Rutgers (BTN): I’ll assume that possible jokes about Rutgers’s new head coach have been made. UMD all the way here.
- Tulane @ Army (CBSS): Tulane is favored, but I like Army here.
12:30: Boston College @ Louisville (RSN): BC.
- Auburn @ Florida (CBS): For whatever reason, most of the college football internet is Florida fans, and according to them, they have no shot in the game. Naturally, I like the Gators here, but I have concerns about whether or not they’ll be able to move the ball. However, I have those same concerns about Auburn, so I think that evens out, leaving me with the Gators in the Swamp.
- Texas @ West Virginia (ABC): Texas.
- Bowling Green @ Notre Dame (NBC): Notre Dame.
- Virginia Tech @ Miami (ESPN): Miami.
- Baylor @ Kansas State (ESPN2): K-State is sneaky good, apparently?
- Air Force @ Navy (CBSS): Navy?
- Illinois @ Minnesota (BTN): Minnesota.
- Western Michigan @ Toledo (ESPN+)
- Ohio @ Buffalo (ESPN+)
- Arkansas State @ Georgia State (ESPN+)
3:45: Memphis @ Louisiana-Monroe (ESPNU): Memphis.
- Northwestern @ Nebraska (FOX): Nebraska.
- Troy @ Missouri (SEC): Mizzou.
- North Carolina @ Georgia Tech (ACCN): So it turns out our defense isn’t really that good either, but the offense remains my chief concern. Naturally, the play calling against Temple last week was actually less conservative, but regardless they failed to score a touchdown. Injuries on the offensive line and to our top receiver hard to make it easy to forecast any sort of relief, though. I think it’s going to be a long season, unfortunately.
4:30: Arizona @ Colorado (Pac12): Colorado?
6:00: Western Kentucky @ Old Dominion (ESPN+)
- Georgia @ Tennessee (ESPN): Georgia.
- South Florida @ Connecticut (CBSS): Eeesh. Uh, man, both these are real bad. But USF is so bad that people are actively wondering if the team has quit on Charlie Strong, so I guess I’ll take UConn?
- Rice @ Alabama-Birmingham (ESPN+)
- Michigan State @ Ohio State (ABC): No idea why you would watch this. Ohio State.
- Tulsa @ Southern Methodist (ESPNU): Southern Miss.
- Vanderbilt @ Mississippi (SEC): Vandy?
- California @ Oregon (FOX): Take the under in this one, and also Oregon.
- Pittsburgh @ Duke (ACCN): Duke?
- Texas-San Antonio @ Texas-El Paso (ESPN+)
9:00: Oregon State @ California-Los Angeles (Pac12): Oregon State is improving, but I still like UCLA here.
10:00: San Diego State @ Colorado State (ESPN2): I really have no idea in this one. I’ll take the Aztecs on the road.
- Washington @ Stanford (ESPN): UDub.
- Boise State @ Nevada-Las Vegas (CBSS): And, last but not least, I like Boise here. Seriously, with a two-loss UCF now, it’ll be interesting to see what other G5’s step up. Boise has the cachet, but there’s other candidates (like SMU), so it will be up to the Broncos to keep the pressure.