As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Baylor @ West Virginia (ABC): You can watch this game, but this is a 3rd-tier Big 12 game at this point. I’ll take the ‘Neers and otherwise avoid this one like the plague.
- Texas Christian @ Texas (FOX): Hey Texas, how’s that season of being back going? Ah, overtime with Texas Tech you say? Well, fortunately you get… okay this one should be pretty tough as well, but you should win.
- South Carolina @ Florida (ESPN): Florida figures to win this in possibly the most hilarious and/or stressful way possible, which should make for a good time when you’re catching up on your Twitter timeline.
- Arkansas State @ Coastal Carolina (ESPN2): I have no idea in this one. Redwolves?
- East Carolina @ Georgia State (ESPNU): I’m assuming both of these teams are awful, but I guess I’ll guess ECU?
- Missouri @ Tennessee (SEC): Tennessee, just so I don’t have to think about this one too hard.
- North Carolina State @ Pittsburgh (ACCN): Pitt.
12:30: Texas-San Antonio @ Alabama-Birmingham (Stadium/RSN): UTSA is possibly one of the worst teams in college football this year, UAB should win easily.
- Texas A&M @ Alabama (CBS): Bama may well be “down” this year, but that seems like a strictly relative term. I’ve got them here.
- North Carolina @ Boston College (ABC): BC is improved, but probably not improved enough to prevail over UNC. This could be a good game though,
- Oklahoma State @ Kansas (ESPN): This won’t, OSU all the way.
- Memphis @ Southern Methodist (ESPN2): This one may be the “hidden” gem of the 3:30 timeslot. It should be a proper barnburner, but I have Memphis coming out ahead in the end. By which I mean “I hope they have the last possession”.
- Texas Tech @ Kansas State (FS1): Texas Tech tries to show that they’re real, but I suspect I Texas played down to their level as much as anything else and that K-State won’t have much of an issue here.
- South Florida @ Cincinnati (ESPN+)
- Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic (ESPNU): I had to remember that Lane Kiffin has taken his show to Oxford (Mississippi) so the Owls are no longer also known as the Fightin’ Kiffins. Alas. At any rate, I still like FAU here.
- Mississippi @ Kentucky (SEC): Speaking of Kiffin, he’ll get the pleasure of losing to Kentucky. It’s like a death from a thousand cuts. Have fun!
- Virginia Tech @ Duke (ACCN): Duke? Sure.
5:00: Western Kentucky @ Middle Tennessee State (espn3.com)
6:00: Navy @ Air Force (CBSS):
7:00: Georgia Southern @ Louisiana-Monroe (ESPN+)
- Auburn @ Georgia (“The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry”; ESPN): Hoo boy. The first real “hype” game of the year. Georgia’s offense is moribund and boring, but when has that not been the case? I’m hoping Auburn wins, but I’m guessing Georgia will prevail.
- Tulsa @ Central Florida (ESPN2): UCF figures to continue their dominance.
- Louisiana State @ Vanderbilt (SEC): LSU figures to have no issues with Vandy.
- Arkansas @ Mississippi State (SECA): The blowouts continue, as Arkansas is… bad.
- Southern Mississippi @ North Texas (Stadium/RSN): Still truckin’ through these bad teams. USM seems to be inspired by their interim coach, let’s go with them.
8:00: Virginia @ Clemson (ACCN): And finally the blowouts conclude. I haven’t a reason to pay for a streaming service to get ACC Network yet, and that will continue for at least two more weeks! (Essentially, until Georgia Tech plays on the network.)