As usual, all times Eastern and all predictions wrong.
- Boston College @ Clemson (ABC): Well, Trevor Lawrence is out, so that could work out for Boston College… to maybe cover. Clemson still prevails here.
- Michigan State @ Michigan (FOX): Well, losing to Rutgers doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence here, but this always feels like a game that’s closer than it should be. But I can’t see a winner other than the Wolverines here.
- Memphis @ Cincinnati (ESPN): This should be fun, but Cincy should be the winner in the end. May be the game to watch in this timeslot.
- Kansas State @ West Virginia (ESPN2): I still like K-State here, but I’m not sure why.
- Iowa State @ Kansas (FS1): Les Miles is at Kansas why exactly? Cyclones all the way here.
- Coastal Carolina @ Georgia State (ESPNU): Y’all, this could well be the game to watch for the nooner. Seriously. Ranked Coastal! A better than expected Georgia State! I like Coastal but give this a look.
- Georgia @ Kentucky (SEC): Georgia will presumably score enough to win this one? Maybe? Probably?
- Purdue @ Illinois (BTN): You could watch Purdue win this, but I’m not sure why.
- Wake Forest @ Syracuse (ACCN): Wake all day.
- Texas-San Antonio @ Florida Atlantic (Stadium/RSN): UTSA all day.
- Temple @ Tulane (ESPN+)
2:00:Â Central Florida @ Houston (ESPN+): I don’t normally write anything for these stream-onyl games but HOW IS THIS NOT ON TV?!?
- Troy @ Arkansas State (espn3.com)
- Rice @ Southern Mississippi (espn3.com)
- Notre Dame @ Georgia Tech (ABC): Improvement. That’s all I ask at this point. Measurable progress of any sort.
- Louisiana State @ Auburn (CBS): Tigers versus Tigers! And no one has any idea how to read this game! Seriously, I have no idea what to expect here. I’ll take LSU I suppose, but I won’t be surprised by either outcome.
- Northwestern @ Iowa (ESPN): This is certainly a game you could watch that is on at this time. Iowa.
- Texas Christian @ Baylor (ESPN2): I don’t what TCU is, but I will still take them over Baylor.
- Indiana @ Rutgers (FS1): These teams are both 1-0! Seriously! I mean, I’ll still take Indiana here but it’s a Big Ten game with intrigue!
- Alabama-Birmingham @ Louisiana Tech (Stadium/RSN): UAB?
- Texas @ Oklahoma State (FOX): It’s late and I’ve got a headache and there’s a lot of games left. Which is good! That’s what I want out of a college football Saturday! But I need to get this one in the bin. But for this game, man y’all, what’s going at Texas? I guess they have this tendency to play up/down to their opponents, which can definitely serve them well against the Big 12’s last playoff hope in Oklahoma State. I’ll go ahead and take them here to win this and then suffer a disappointing loss later on.
- Appalachian State @ Louisiana-Monroe (ESPNU): Appy State easy.
- Mississippi @ Vanderbilt (SEC): Ole Miss for sure. What’s going on in Nashville?
- Virginia Tech @ Louisville (ACCN): No one expected much from the Cardinals this year, but here they are, looking pretty sharp. I’ll take them over VPI.
6:00: Boise State @ Air Force (CBSS): Boise.
- Mississippi State @ Alabama (ESPN): Bama all day.
- San Jose State vs. New Mexico (@San Jose, CA; FS1): In a first, this one was moved from Albuquerque to San Jose for COVID reasons. I’ll take the Spartans to win this unexpected home game.
- Charlotte @ Duke (ACC/RSN): Duke should able to win this one… probably.
- Ohio State @ Pennsylvania State (ABC): Well, Penn State was upset by Indiana last weekend. I don’t think that will have a huge effect here, as most would’ve expected them to lose the Buckeyes anyway.
- Navy @ Southern Methodist (ESPN2): I’m not sure how good SMU is this year, so Navy probably?
- Arkansas @ Texas A&M (SEC): Arkansas is better than anyone expected, but A&M’s talent should prevail in the end.
- Missouri @ Florida (SECA): This game is expected to be lopsided enough in the Gators’ favor that they put it on theÂ alternateÂ y’all.
- Oklahoma @ Texas Tech (FOX): Sooners should be okay in this one.
- Louisiana @ Texas State (ESPNU): Will the Cajuns keep their preferred moniker for another week? Let’s see! I like them to.
- North Carolina @ Virginia (ACCN): UNC I guess? I need to watch UVA at some point this year.
9:30: San Diego State @ Utah State (CBSS): Aztecs?
10:15: Western Kentucky @ Brigham Young (ESPN): BYU all the way.
10:30: Nevada @ Nevada-Las Vegas (FS1): A rivalry game, yes, but one that the Wolf Pack should easily win.