And… that’s all folks. The final tally is here, and also here: I went 24-17, which seems to be right around my average.
I’m pretty happy with my record, and I did pretty well in ESPN’s confidence system, at least on the picks I was most confident on. Those wound up being, from most to least:
- Virginia Tech over Tulsa (Independence Bowl)
- Marshall over Connecticut (St. Petersburg Bowl)
- California over Air Force (Armed Forces Bowl)
- Mississippi State over North Carolina State (Belk Bowl)
Southern California over Wisconsin (Holiday Bowl)
- Tennessee over Northwestern (Outback Bowl)
- Michigan over Florida (Citrus Bowl)
- Arkansas over Kansas State (Liberty Bowl)
Memphis over Auburn (Birmingham Bowl)
- Georgia over Pennsylvania State (TaxSlayer Bowl)
And how about that title game, huh? It definitely did a lot to make up for the disastrously boring other major bowls over New Year’s.
Anyway, that’s it for now. College football content should resume, as usual, by August at the latest for our preview of the upcoming season’s non-conference scheduling. In the meantime, World Cup qualifying resumes in March, so look for an update about that. Until then…